Monday, August 31, 2009

Sign language - a distance language

It was a Wednesday evening. Work have been busy, non-stop until the plans I had at the end of the day was affected. Right after work I needed to rush to PJ to attend a class which starts at 8pm.

I looked at the clock - it's already 7.20pm. There was still a client in the office. I rushed to get Goo and Mer into my car - today their mom n dad's gonna come home from overseas. So I needed to send them home before rushing off to my class. Then I heard my stomach grumbling.

DINNER! I quickly picked up the phone, dialled the number of the restaurant few doors away and ordered a take away. "I'll bring it to your office," I heard Sal said. I heaved a sigh of relief - that should save my three minutes rushing to the restaurant and back.
Ten minutes later as I packed my bag to leave, I realized that my dinner was not delivered yet. I ran to the restaurant, and surprisingly, Sal said she delivered. "To whom?" "To that lady... so and so... "
I stepped out of the restaurant, heading toward my office fast. There I saw my colleague waving and gesturing from my office, "Your food is here."

Using some simple sign language, I argued with her from metres afar, "Who took it? I asked and nobody informed me. What la dey.." I managed to insert the Malaysian language into my sign language.

Now ten metres away from me, she giggled "Koji, it's Koji."

I narrowed my eyes and smiled. We appreciate sign language. We do. =)