Friday, August 21, 2009

A real dog lover?

[continued from the previous post]

After passing her the information of the shelters, she left. A few hours later, a couple with a "pregnant" shih tzu walked in to confirm the pregnancy.

I tried to feel the "babies" within her, but all I felt was a big bladder. "She didn't pass urine this afternoon, huh?"

"Oh yah, she urinated loads... how many? She's delivering tomorrow!" She smiled anxiously.

"Babies? I guess she's got none..." I smiled, fingers gently but firmly trying to feel for any possible hidden babies.

"Zero, haha..." I finally confirmed.

"What a girl you, how could you have failed?! Oh, it must have been the male - impotent." We laughed. Then the thought of the pregnant shih tzu came into my mind.

"I've an abandoned pregnant shih tzu, delivering soon, would you like to adopt her?" My eyes couldn't meet hers.
"Who's dog is it? How can people abandon their dog just like that? Pregnant, to make things worse!"

"An undeserving person. He's throwing her away, without even bother whether or not she'll be alive the next day." I tried my best to reveal as much info as possible. "The good reason he's got is that he's no longer into shih tzu, he'd prefer large breed dogs..."

After some discussion and persuassion, she finally agreed to adopt the dog, so long as the dog is a healthy one. Good news for me. I'll try my best to get the two clients in touch, who knows, the unfortunate dog may find herself a good home! =)