Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Mouse or cat?

“Help!!! Mouse!!!” I heard my mom scream.

I rolled my eyes toward my mom, but hands and body all remained stiff and still. “Where?”

“Somewhere here…” my mom was in the kitchen.
“I don’t catch mouse… ask dad…”
“Go ask the vet to catch the mouse!” I heard my dad from his bedroom.

Duh, I sweated. I have no special adoration toward mouse, especially when they’re the culprit for ransacking my kitchen daily. But catching them and killing them… just not my cup of tea. But then again… the mouse population is on the rise. Everytime I walked out my house down the street, I’d see mice squirming from this corner to the other.

“I don’t catch mouse…” I was adamant.
“Can I borrow a cat from your clinic, just one night, put in our house?!” My mom was frustrated. I smiled – wider by the seconds.

“Oh yeah? You sure?” I remembered pestering them to get a cat in the house and the answer had always been, Don’t be crazy…

Silence. No response. Well… good for the mouse, at least.