Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The entire family died (except mr daddy)

[continued from previous post]

It's already been four days, and Yumi has not called me. In fact, the person whom wanted to adopt mommy shih tzu has called me twice.

What happened? Did she manage to give birth? How many puppies? Was it a natural birth or caesarean? What's the uncle's decision? Why didn't she call?

I waited patiently for Yumi's call. Day after day.

This morning as I was busy with my morning errands, suddenly the corner of my eyes caught glimpse of a vey familiar silhouette outside the clinic - it's Yumi Quah! I rushed to the door, and invited her in (as if I'm an usher there). "How's the dog? How's the mommy shih tzu?"

She looked away. Her husband chipped in, "She died."

"Haaaah?" I deliberately exagerrated the aghast tone. "What happened? Where are the babies?"
"Everyone died. She was having difficulty to give birth, so my uncle sent her to a clinic, and they cut her open, tried to rescue the eight puppies, but all died eventually. HAM-Ka-CHAN (cantonese, literally translated means whole family die)."

"HAAAHHH?!' I pretended a slight faint. "How could that happen?" The uncle's finally got what he wanted - the mommy shih tzu's death.

"We don't know.. it just happened."

I closed my eyes. Sad, frustrated, sad. Gloom.
I could hear the thunders crackling within, the rain was evident in my eyes.