Thursday, October 16, 2008

Prince of Egypt

I first watched the banned Walt Disney's cartoon years ago.. when I was in uni i guess.. around the time when I started to know God personally. I remembered how I replayed the whole cartoon again and again, and yet still filled with awe.. and touched... eyes always flooded with tears..

I remembered very well the time when the Pharaoh wanted to have all the newborn males killed, Moses was sent to the river in a basket, and his sister Miriam sang this song which i Loved so much, "Go baby brother.. come back some day.. come back deliver us too.."

It was such an easy phrase, but full of meaning. so full... And the parts where God punished the Egyptians with plagues and killed all the newborns, I was dumbstrucked - wasn't God a God of love?

Now I've learned that love in our eyes may not always be right in God's eyes. The only thing that stands true to the end - that God's will is the righteous one. And his promises he'll never break. Amen.

haha, anyway, the best part was when God parted the red sea.. I was like, WHOA... and i remembered the children walkin across the ocean floor saw the whale swimming beside them.. WHOAAAA....

AWESOME God.. ;-)

Today I watched another movie of Moses, this time not cartoon - real human picturing them, and the same WHOAAAA... came back, naturally (tho i preferred the cartoon edition).

Then the sea swept away the Egyptian armies and chariots... thinking back, I remembered a friend of mine once showed me the article of researches on the Red Sea. Scientists indeed found lots of chariots (in ruins i suppose) which perfectly correlates with the cartoon/ Bible. ;-)