Friday, July 17, 2009

Teoh Beng Hock. How did he die?

Teoh Beng Hock. I do not know him. But reading news about him, I find my heart clench and wrenched. Streams of questions haunted my tired brain. Furious storms raged my little heart.

I became indignant. Humiliated. Ashamed. Felt useless. I broke into tears. I cried, and cried, and cried. How could we have allowed this to happen? In our home???

I cried not because another man has died.

I cried because another man has sacrificed his life for Malaysia. I recalled all the movies - rosy business and many more. We're now living in one of those movies. And people are dying. For the cause of the nation.

I'm indignant because I used to believe my history books: that we're living a nation which practices democracy.

I'm humiliated because while others chose to give up on my nation, I gave them hope and faith- we will be a nation where justice and righteousness and transparency will rule.

I'm ashamed because such tragic things happen, under special circumstances.

I felt useless, because there is nothing I could do to prevent this from happening.

I'm left with only two weapons/armour in hand - prayer, and my vote in the coming election.

People out there - what weapons do you hold now in your hand?

Are your weapons working? Or they're merely decors?

I've been reading news and watching youtube and I came across this, it really touched my heart.

Frieds out there who're keeping your vote and eyes closed for whatever reason, may peace dwell in you as you read these news...

"I didn't realy care abt elections bt after Teoh Beng Hock's death, I'm resolved 2 work as a volunteer 4 Malaysia's next General Elections, hopefuly B4 2013. I'm not goin2 stand down. I'm not goin2 keep quiet jus bec Beng Hock is quiet now. He made d ultimate sacrifice 2 Msia. It's d least I can do now. Thanks, Barisan Nasional n MACC, for making me aware. Thanks, Najib, for waking me up. I'm not dreaming anymore. I am fully awake within the nightmare that is the reality of Malaysia now. Shukran. "(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyi4cPS6QZI)

"When people in positions of power can use the ISA to lock up anyone at will and when people miraculously end up dead after an enquiry, you know something is wrong with our country. This is not the first time and it will definitely not be the last until all of us stand up and say that we will not tolerate this kind of injustice anymore.

The only way that we can change how things work in Malaysia is by voting out the ruling coalition.

Today is a very sad dayAnd we will NEVER forget.. "(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y76c9r6djk&feature=related )

It's time to stop all these nonsense! Where is justice and trasnparency?!
Why do people hunt for mosquitoes when the elephants are right there trampling the villagers openly?
Are the villagers powerless and paralysed? I'm very indignant. So should the villagers too.