Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Love God's creation.

I was reading a beautiful (but complicated it seems, :P) entitled Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. Still reading, but I stumbled across this passage, which I totally agreed upon, and very much love to share. Here goes…

…And so the first step in the study of nature is reverent observation (agree!)… From Alp to insect, anything will do, provided that your attitude be right (agree!!)…Of this much we can be sure: if we love the creation, we will learn from it, In The Brothers Karamazov Dostoevski counsels,

“Love all God’s creation, the whole and every grain of sand in it. Love every leaf, every ray of God’s light. Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day.”

I remembered seeing two stray puppies running around the streets one day and how I cracked my brain, trying to figure what could I do to rehome them. Somebody told me, “I don’t understand you, why can’t you be like others? You want to be laughed at? You’re going to be a laughing stock. When you’re old are you going to live with 70 dogs in your house? How will people look at you?”

My question was, why can’t she see things through my eyes? Why must she see things through the judgemental, cruel society’s eyes?

All I know is, I’m not going to live life ordinary. It’s not going to be “just like others”.

I am myself.