Friday, September 11, 2009

You can’t fry the egg unless you first break the shell

Source: NO HOLDS BARRED.
http://mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/26513/84/

...... You just can’t fry the egg unless you first break the shell. So things are going to get much worse in Malaysia before it gets better. Revolutions can never start on a full stomach. People with full stomachs are fat, lazy and lethargic. You need to be lean and hungry before a revolution can start.

As long as the economy is good and people have plenty of money in their pockets they will never clamour for change. They need to be desperate before they will take to the streets to demand change. So we are not scared of whatever happens to the economy. So the economy collapses.

We are looking for a new dawn. But before the coming of dawn there must first be darkness. So let us go through a period of darkness if need be. Only after we see darkness can we see dawn, a new beginning.

It is like the mother who was told that her fourth son has just died in the war and she cried on hearing the news. When she was told how sorry they were to have to bring her the news about the loss of her last son, she replied that she is crying not because she has lost all her sons but because she no longer has any sons to give to the cause.


Yes, no mother can endure losing her children. But when the cause becomes more important than yourself then even the lose of all your children is a worthy cause.


There are many who fear turmoil and chaos. I too fear that but I still endure. And I do so not because I am brave but because I am scared. It is not bravery but cowardice that makes me do what I do. I am scared of what is going on in Malaysia. I fear that if we do nothing then Malaysia is doomed. And because of this fear about what awaits us over the horizon it makes me face whatever may come my way in striving for the greater cause.


So, yes, I am a coward. And the cowardice in me makes me scared of doing nothing. A brave man would say come what may and I will face it. But a coward like me says I can’t bear to face that kind of future and instead I fight to change the course of history.


And if this course of history involves chaos and turmoil and a collapsed economy so be it. This is because I believe that, the way xxx xxx is mismanaging our economy, the economy is headed for doom anyway. It is merely a matter of time. If we wait for the eventual collapse then there will be nothing left to salvage. This way, if it collapses now, at least there would still be something left to save.


So Ahmad Husni’s threat does not frighten me. We must first destroy to be able to build. Before we can plant we must first cut down the forest and burn the trees. Only then can we plant the food that will save mankind. Those who believe in the religion of Abraham will testify that the Holy Books tell us that even God Himself destroyed many times so that mankind would have a better future. Even God was not against destroying to rebuild.