Thursday, September 24, 2009

How to look and be professional

How to look and be professional in the Malaysian society (or K.L.)



I have learned that to look professional.

I must have high E.Q.

Clients don't always have to be right, but I always must make them feel right.

I have to deliver my points without shaking the "little man" within them.

I have to look ten to twenty years older than I actually am.

Looking professional lies in the eyes of the beholder.



I have also learned how to be a professional.

I must listen more and speak less.

When I speak, choose discrete, few words. Because the more words I speak, the more "market-like" the scenario will turn out to be.

I must speak only facts. Plain facts. No opinion should ever be shared.

Whatever and however clients do or react, I must remain calm and steady.

I must remember the individual words I've spoken, to defend myself for possible attacks even up to a month or a year later.
Being professional lies within the attitude of one self.

No comments: