Monday, September 28, 2009

Found puppies at a NO-Dog park - please be okay...& safe.

Last week I went jogging at a park nearby. While strolling along the hills, I noticed something peculiar - fourlegged creatures, running and jumping about. I stepped closer and found a mommy dog with three puppies. I remembered the "NO DOG" signage at the park entrance.

The puppies and mommy were gleefully playing and teasing one another unaware of the joggers around them. Perhaps watching the joggers up and down the hill were super boring, and tiring to the neck and eyes.
As I stepped closer, I noticed that they were all very thin. A while later the mommy went down hill, presumably to look for food from the nearby town for the little ones. Looking at her dentation, I believe the mommy was no more than two years old.

I had this heavy feeling within. Was there something I could do to help? What could I do? Will one of the joggers report them to the authority? Will the council know of this and eliminate these innocent God-created creatures?
While my mind searched for an answer I know that there's one thing I could do for sure - pray. I know that God hears my prayer - all the time.
A friend of mine reminded me of something, which is of God's character, "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

How true and righteous God is.