Friday, February 27, 2009

Our God is a faithful God!

I went to cell at Unc Row's last week - aunty chris shared her life testimony with us. Her message: God is a faithful God, he keeps his promises, and we need to claim the promises from Him. A praying child will be a blessed child! ;-) amen.

Her message was true but it did not grip on my heart for the past few days until today. This evening I received a suprise letter and suddenly her message rang thrice as loud in my ears - GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES...

Immediately the few bible verses came ringing in my mind..

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33.

"How true it is..." I gasped.

I've heard these verses before, and had believed it, and even experienced the truth behind it many times before, but now with the letter, it's like God reemphasizing himself to me, "Don't you remember, I'm still a faithful God.. A Father who hears his child's prayers.. and keeps his promises till the end..."

I am awakened. I remember dear Lord.. I do. And will remember it forever...

No comments: