Monday, February 23, 2009

How well do you know?

Sometimes being a Christian for a long time, having read the entire bible for once, many will feel that they are considered "matured", someone who has "mellowed" in Christ.

How true is this?
Learning never ends. Mellowing never has an end. Growing in Christ is a life-long agenda. So there is not one time when you think you've already known so much.

I was reading a book about Jacob, one of the main character in the Holy Bible - it mentioned how Jacob had become an outcast, a desolated person, and yet he finds God's love with him, all the time.

"When we know our Lord is present, we experience a delightful sense of peace no matter what our circumstances may be. A quiet serenity and security envelop us; foes, fears, afflictions, and doubts recede. We can forebear in any situation because we know "THe Lord is near". Amen.

I agreed with the above statement. THen I read on...

"G.K. Chesterton was once asked by a reporter what he would say if Jesus were standing beside him."

My thought turned to what I would say - after a few seconds I still do not konw what I'd say. Thus I read on...

"He is," Chesterton replied with calm assurance.

I smacked my forehead - he is! silly me!