Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm an overcomer!!

Hoorah! Today I proclaim tat i'm an overcomer! I'm a champion!!! of........................ ... myself! =)

oh yeah. many of you may think tat i'm just vain.. or maybe.. "dak han mou see zhou" (too free aint got nothing to do). well.. let me explain myself..this was what took place today...

a week ago there was a very sickly cat, whom the owner didn't have the money to pay for the diagnoses, and thus we covered the medical bills, so we did lots of stuffs like sending the poor cat to referral centres, doing x ray, ultrasound, fine needle aspiration.. and finally we got the diagnosis - the answer was stained in the smear from the FNA (fine needle aspiration).

The moment i got the FNA smear in my hand I quickly mounted it (tat means to secure the cells, by covering it permanently with a piece of thin glass on top of it), and placed it in "my space". I truly treasure those slides, coz they were obtained after so much effort, and it was a very rare case.

It happened that today I noticed my slides were missing - and it turned out that the cleaner has washed aways the slides i've kept in my space!!! My heart immediately sank when I realized it - I quickly checked the cells on the slides - all empty. I almost cried. I had wanted to yell and strangle the cleaner.

When did this happen?! Why must she touch my space, when all other spaces are so messed up and dirty?!! WHY?! why why why?!!! Despite the great disappointment within - I remained calm. I didn't know how I did it. I was frustrated, but not angered.

Thoughts of yanking the cleaner, screaming at her hopped through my mind - but they were immediately brushed off. "Mickey (not her real name, haha)!" I called the cleaner.

"Yes, maam," (not the real address, hehe)
"Next time wash only the slides in this bucket. This is "my space". Everything within, do not touch. No cleaning required."
"Yes, maam."
"That's all. Get back to your work."

Was that all? I heard myself questioning myself. I took a deep breath, Yes, that is all. Now that I recalled it, i was really glad that I overcame the great disappointment this evening!

Today, I'm an overcomer! Praise God! =)