Friday, December 26, 2008

finally, after 10 years... (guitar anatomy)


for those who do not know, i owned a guitar since i was 17. from zero, i learned how to pick and strum... and though i don't play well, i enjoyed being with my guitar, singing songs which sometimes even i myself have never heard of.

tat nite i was preparing my guitar for some carolling... unfortunately when all things are almost done - i heard a loud crack coming from my dear guitar. I turned to my guitar... another crack. I've heard of strings breaking up and was quite worried that it would spring onto my face. Keeping a distance, i noticed that all 6 strings were still in good mood...

as i trailed the strings from the head to its base.. i finally found the source of the crack - my saddle was giving up. sigh... and tat was the end of my first guitar. But i'llkeep the strings... just in case.

this is a picture of guitar anatomy (http://www.guitarlessonworld.com/lessons/lesson1.htm)- for those who are not familiar with it. =)