Friday, September 05, 2008

Why do I choose to help Siao Guai Guai?

Some people argued that it was unreasonable to rescue Siao Guai Guai. "After all, he's a stray, why can't you let the dog catcher catch him? Die die la.." or "There are thousands more dogs on the street go save them all la.." "He's not a pure breed.. just a mongrel.."

He's a stray, yes. Mongrel, yes. So? FAVOURITISM is BAD. Downgrading. Shall you fall sick one day, go to a hospital, at the counter you heard the people around you criticizing, "Hey... you're just an XX race.. no need treatment one la.. if you're AA race only you come to this hospital ma.." What would you wish the dr to say? Do you wish him to say the same too? Do you want him to look at the colour of your skin, or do you wish him to treat you as a human being with a life?

So do I. I see dogs as lives. I don't look at their hair coat. I don't look at their breed, whoever they belong to, beautiful or ugly, only one thing mattered - their life.

Watching him caught by the dog catcher and let him die in the compound? I won't allow that to happen if I have the capacity to. I don't have to explain why I wanted so much to help him. "Why don't you go rescue all the dogs on the street? There are thousands of them.. go rescue la." If I have the capacity to rescue all the dogs on the streets, that's what I'm going to do.

My friend, does God ever need to explain to you why did he choose to bring you the gift of salvation? There are millions more of unsaved souls in the world.. why did he choose you? I'm sure before you received his gift of salvation, you would have rejected him a few or many times. But why did he STILL offer you that gift??

You might as well say, "Why save that one person? Go save the entire world la.. go save the millions or billions la.." That is exactly what God wanted to do, if he has the capacity. But because of his mercy and grace, he gave us men, the right to choose. To choose to accept or reject his gift of salvation. But why did God STILL choose you?? Do you think you're special? Before he chose you, you're a nobody, nothing special.

It is only by his grace that he gave you the gift of salvation - and it is your choice whether you want to accept it or not. God can urge you, but he'll never force you.
It is by the grace which God gave me that I have decided to rehome Siao Guai Guai. I do not have to give any reason for that.

It is all about grace and mercy.

No comments: