Thursday, August 23, 2007

change your mindset...

since i started work, i've heard many comments abt me - the top on the list remains the same, whether in ktn o kl. "You're the vet? So young?!" or "Waa, so young can be a vet one a?" or "How old are you aa?"

my usual response was, "Haha.. you got cheated by my hair/look/face/shirt/watever..." While I enjoy ppl addressing me as "young" but i don't enjoy the doubt tat automatically instills into their minds.

Recently an aunty who blahs real lot came, and I treated, and few weeks later she called up my boss complainig, "tat day i brought my dog there, and 2 very young ladies treated my dog. so young can be doctor mea?now my dog got worse liao aa.."

great. so she came (again). At seeing me, immediately she (being a loud mouth) claimed, "It is you lah! it is you cause my dog like this!" God, give me patience. "Bring your dog to my boss," I replied calmly.

The history was like this, the dog has had corneal ulcer for almost 1 month, went untreated. When presented to me 3 weeks ago, it was bad (superficial still), but still able to treat conservatively. I gave antibiotics and eyedrops, and told her to get an e-collar to prevent the dog from scratching the eye. She didn't buy the e-collar - it was expensive she says. And gues what? She gave the antibiotics for 1 day and stopped thereafter. Excuse? "Oh, you gave the duno-wat-tablet made my dog suffer so much, she hated it! i dun wan her to suffer..." And the eyedrops? "Oh, when i free i drop la.. i dun always free.."

Great. And now she's pointing finger at me?

Anyway, my boss took a look and told her that the ulcer is healing (she should thank God for this) and she must continue the medication. She had better do.

No comments: