Thursday, January 29, 2009

Red packets n ang pows..

I went to an open house the other day. Well.. many older and married couples attended the open house.. so being the younger one.. or more accurately mentioned: the UNMARRIED ones... i get to get all the ang pows!!

It's good.. coz there's money inside!! secondly.. coz... ppl thinks that you're still young!! and thirdly... coz you may think you're still young!!! (propagating self-cheating here.)

but it's bad.. when you compare yourself to all the children around you.. hey.. i'm already an adult.. well, it's chinese tradition n culture - so they say.

so the turn came to a young couple distributing the ang pows.. suddenly she handed one to me. I was taken aback. Huh? Who from? "Us," she pointed to herself and her husband. C'mon.. you're even younger than me!

So I refused the money, oh.. i mean the red packets... but after some practical thoughts.. i thought, wat the heck, it's money! haaa... wat's in the content... hehe...

But after more thoughts, i still figure that wat i did was appropriate. No ang pows from someone younger than me. Married or not.