Saturday, January 10, 2009

If yoiu want to see changes, FIRST CHANGE YOURSELF.

There are so many things tat we can learn from the kids nowadays. They teach us very simple, yet logic life theories many a times, if only we have the time and humility to learn from them.

Recently I heard a child, Mandy complaining that she doesnt seem to improve in her exam scores no matter how hard she strived. She's hardworking, but scoring "A" seem so impossible for her. One day, her friend, Jacky offered her another method, which he has been using. Mandy was adamant that her method of study was good, just that she's not gifted, kept blaming on her limited "gifts" from God.

After some lengthy persuasion, Jacky finally slammed his table and exclaimed, "If your method is good, how come after so many years you're still poor in your exams?! I was once as poor as you, a "C" or "D" scorer, but I was willing to change my way! I changed my method. I am not gifted. But I changed."

What he said truly pinched me and I reflected on the majority of the world today. If you want to see the people/ circumstances around you change, FIRST CHANGE YOURSELF. Never lay on the old excuse, "if the world changes for better, so will I." NO. YOU"VE got your perspective wrong.

YOU CHANGE THE WORLD - not vice versa.

You can't be sticking to the "same old me", "tat's not me", "tats not my way" forever. You've got to change. This has nothing to do with giftings.

Learn and adapt from the successful ones. Ironically, many a times, it is not them who are not willing to share their secrets of successes with us - but it is us, who are not humble enough, to open our mind, and learn from them.

Think about it.