Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blood Donation Drive @ Canaan Church, KL @ 7th Sep 2008 11am-3pm- kempen derma darah

The first time I witnessed blood donation was when I was in F6. I was scared, seeing blood drewn from ppl's hand, and I couldn't help but wandered around the donation hall observing every single processes done. It was organized, smooth and definitely hygienic.

A friend of mine was jumping so happily waiting for her turn to donate her blood. To her dismay, her blood iron/ferum was below the normal range. I thought, "Then don't donate, no big deal right?" But to my surprise, she spent her entire afternnon crying over it, 'I have long been waiting to donate my blood.. why does this happen to me??"

To her, being unable to donate her blood is a big-life-giving-opportunity missed. And now, I too, share her point of view. Blood is needed for emergencies and for people who have cancer, blood disorders, sickle cell, anemia and other illnesses. Some people need regular blood transfusions to live.

Imagine if giving blood was part of everyone's life. Something you did on a regular basis, like eating at your favorite restaurant. What kind of difference would that make? For nearly 5 million people who receive blood transfusions every year, your donation can make the difference between life and death.

Hope to see you on 7th Sep 11am-3pm - Give Blood, Give Life.
Canaan Church
25, Jalan 9/42, Taman Sejahtera,
Off Jalan Kuching,
51200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-62518649, 03-62518650
by Pusat Darah Negara

No comments: