Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tell me the truth

There is a puppy named kuch-kuch, had fallen ill, and things have been getting worse each day. We're still trying to find out the cause of the problem. Kuch-kuch was presented with rare symptoms, and we're still cracking our head at the diagnosis.

Today, kuch-kuch's owners came to visit kuch-kuch. A mother & a daughter. I was busy walking up and down the clinic when suddenly the mother stopped me, "Can I speak to you for one second please?"

I said okay, but I was shocked when she asked me to talk to her outside the ward - away from her daughter. I didn't understand the purpose of talking outside the ward. Nevertheless i obliged.

Then she started, "I need you to tell me the truth, is my dog dying? Is there still anyhope for my dog to live? I need to know the truth. YOu must tell me the truth. What is really in your mind?"

For one moment I reflected onto the movies where the kins pushed the doctor aside and asked the same questions about the dying patient inside.

I was stunned. She continued, "You must tell me. My daughter is very attached to kuch-kuch. I must prepare her first, if he's going to die. Is my dog dying? Please tell me the truth, the truth from your heart."

It was a straight-forward yet complicated request, and it broke my heart.
What is really wrong with kuch-kuch? Is he really dying? Or will he live?
Wat will tomorrow bring?

I need to know the truth too.

2 comments:

Ugly Angel said...

what is the ending then? the dog still survived? this was like the scene in hospital whereby the patient family questioned the doctor.

pam said...

we finally found out the truth, thank God, but it was too late. The dog developed permanent neurological signs, and the owner decided to "end his suffering" and decided to put him to "rest".

Everlasting rest.

¬sobs¬