Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do not ignore this when selecting your handphone

less than a month ago, i got a new hp, it was nice, with mp3, memory card, camera and stuff. Initially I was playing the mp3 almost everytime I was free, and I realized that my battery power was running low very fast, twice the time faster compared to my previous hp.

I thought I used too much mp3. I thought I didin't use the screen saver. I thought I didn't use the power-saving mode. But after checking all these, my battery still runs down by the 2nd day of charging. Then I started asking around - some ppl's hp actuali can last up to 5 days - whether they play the mp3 or not.

I was jealous. No, i mean, I was not happy with my hp batt's performance. So i went to the phoneshop just now, and guess what the sales man told me?
"Oh, your hp model requires you to charge every one or two days. Other hp models' batt can last up to 5 days but not yours."

I was like, shocked? A not-so-obsolete hp model requiring their user to charge the batteries every one or two days? Man, that's an obsolete technology which should have long been replaced!

Anyway, I insisted for a batt change, and they've sent my hp batt to the factory, i don't know wat'll happen.

Lesson of the day - do enquire about the duration of power of your hp batt before making any purchase. Charging the hp everyday is a boring, mundane routine which i certainly dislike.

2 comments:

Ugly Angel said...

i guess you are using smart phone, the battery duration cant last for long, my one is also the smart phone, need to charge everyday. Sometimes, I need to standby a car car charger. What to do? I like the function of touch screen...

pam said...

no.. my phon is not at all smart. it's just an ordinary phone with mms, mp3, camera phone. very ordinary, no such thing as GPS or touch screen.

and the "charging-every-2days" were driving me nuts.

buh...