Saturday, June 21, 2008

more on Life at Work

i find my patience shield thinning faster and faster each day.. oh lord.. help me...

Scenario : a demodectic (skin problem) puppy comes for a fourth follow up (been 3 weeks d)

Owner: Dr, when will my puppy's skin get well? totally well?
Me : It depends on individuals. some gets over it very fast, some very slow. (you've asked tis question more than 10 times...help me... -_-')
Owner: It's been 2 weeks already wor... why no improve one?
Me : If you remember clearly the first time your puppy came here the skin was all oily crumpled, and now it's all smooth. Isn't this improvement?
Owner: Ya.. but already 2 weeks wor...
Me : (-_-') I remember I told you many times that demodectic problem is not a 1-week problem. It takes 2-3months in average.
Owner: But still no hair wor..
Me : The hair needs time to grow. (-_-''''''''''''')
Owner: Why sometimes i sweep my hand across his fur/body my hand becomes black?
Me : I beg your pardon?
Owner: There... my hand became oily.. black.. why is the dog skin like that?
Me : oh my... (why are you torturing me??) tat's what we call dirt. in malay i call it DAKI. it happens cause your puppy sleeps on the floor, gathers dirt, so when you sweep your hand across the body, you gather more dirt, tat's y it's black.
Owner : Oh.. got like that one aa... now what shampoo should i use ha?
Me : I told you before, use AA. continue using it.
Owner: Is BB shampoo better?
Me : (i spent half an hour last week explaining their differences and now you're asking me like they're toys from outer space to you??) I've explained much about them to you last week. Do you recall?
Owner: Yah, i know. Do you think BB is better?
Me : In your puppy's situation, AA is more suitable.
Owner: So you think BB is better?
Me : (deep sigh...) Let's say AA is orange, BB is apple. Or maybe AA is lemon, BB is durian. Do you say lemon better or durian better? You can't compare. YOu use them whenever they're suitable for your dog's skin condition.
Owner: Yes yes... so Bb is better?
Me : I say use AA. Just use AA. If you want to use BB, go ahead. (I'll not stop you.)

4 comments:

winnie001 said...

I wonder how can you stand this owner?

Is he/she?

How old is he/she?

pam said...

hey winnie... i've to stand - it's part of my job. am still learning to cope with such owners... but as long as i know they meant well for the dog, i'll try my best to explain again n again without bombarding them. in this case it's a lady, err.. in between her 30s i guess.

Ugly Angel said...

I read the story, instantly I know is she...too much questions and have strong doubt with your advise.

pam said...

so clever ha warren, guess life experiences taught you well. =)

i do have male clients doing this sort of things, but they're only abt 10%...

so majority is still "SHE".

"SHE WINS"