Thursday, March 27, 2008

how i'd love to be a child again.

For the past 2 days, i've had bad fever, flu, running nose, cough, sorethroat (anything, you name it) and literally lost my voice. It was so bad, i took panadol and cough syrups (ppl who knows me well knows tat i run away from drugs as far as i could, even when i'm sick).

Yesterday was just as bad. As usual before I went to bed, i said a short prayer to my Father in heaven, including asking him to heal me. Then i slept. Peacefully.

In the middle of the night, i heard soft knocks on my door.. i wasn't quite sure whether it was real, or just my dream. So i left the door knocking for some time, till i finally woke up, sat up, and listened. Then i heard my mom's voice calling me softly from behind the door.

I slid down my bed and opened the door. There my mom was standing, her eyes tired, hands holding a cup of herbal tea. I was sleepy, so all i did was thanked her simply, drank the tea and went straight to my bed.

This morning, my mom woke me up when the sky was still dark, and asked me to drink her herbal tea again. I got up, saw her weary eyes and I was really touched, i wanted to hug her and peck her on the cheeks immediately but it was not a norm.. yet.

Just now, as i talked to my mom, she told me tat it took her almost an hour knocking on my door before i got up. And my bad, loud coughs woke her up. AN HOUR!! CALLING SOFTLY... I was really touched, and thankful to God for giving me my mom.. how blessed am i..

I felt like I was back to my childhood... where my parents were always by my side, waking me up to take medications.. bringing me to the doc.. caring for me.. but now i'm a grown up.

oh how i'd love to be a child again.

2 comments:

powseng said...

Yes, parents are the greatest, they sacrificed a lot for their children. :)

pam said...

yet we children always disappoint them. I reaali do not daare to think of the day when i'll become aa paaarent. will i be as "waai dai" as my parents are?

no imaaaginaation.