Saturday, May 14, 2005

I use my full power, aa bouu kuuen !

yesternite was d first day me givin english tuition to a bunch of F1 n 2 students. One of my sessions was essay writing.. where i want em to begin with, "Help! Help!" During the 50 minute exercise, i walked around the clas, zoomin to any student's aid, shall they signal me.

So there was tis F2 boy, who kept asking me questions, n i answered attentively all the time. Once, he asked for d synonym of "catch". While thinking for the words, i scanned thru his essay n saw tis, "I use my full power to throw the stone at him". Immediately i imagined StreetFighter, where you have to wait til u get "full power".. i couldn't help laughing, imaginin the boy as Ryu, or Guile doin "aaa-bouu-kuuen!" with the fire ball coming out from his palms.

I knew well enuf tat its bad to laugh at students' creativity.. but at tat point i juz couln't help it. i kept apologizing to him while guffawing louder with interruptions of guilty looks. boy.. it's been a real long time since i laughed madly like tat.. my could fee my face burning, n my stomach ached.

after abt 1 min.. i finali gained ctrl of myself, n gav d boy a final apology. I was so worried tat he'll be hurt.. but thank goodness.. he laughed too.. n as a confirmation to me tat he's "OK", he asked more questions later. lucky lucky..

No comments: