Monday, August 09, 2010

Sweet reminiscence

Today I went to the university where I spent 5 years some time ago... as I drove in past the guard house... thoughts began wandering.. "Is this the right road?"

"Have they changed the faculty location?"

"How does it look like now?"

All of a sudden, the faculty in which I spent 5 years having fun and mentally tortured became a nostalgia to me... I stepped into the side door of the faculty... Memories of friends and I grumbling and rushing for lunch filled my mind... I smiled..

I ran up the staircases as I was 15 minutes to the faculty closing hour... as I ran.. I remembered how my friends and I walked up and down the aisle and staircases forcing the last minute info and details into our tiny brain for the impending examination... I smiled.. Those were difficult times.. but full of fun... We punched and scolded one another, but we also spent time together burning the mid night oils.. on the same bed...


I saw many staffs many of which I couldn't remember the names anymore (I'm so sorry!)... a humble and grateful smile was all I could offer for I know that forgetting their names is a big crime... Then I had a chat with a man in the corridor.. all went well until I blurted this question, "You just finished surgery is it?"

"I'm a staff here lah..."

Ooops! oops! I wished by slapping my face I could retract the question.

All of a sudden.. the place which brought about much stress and tension to me, has brought about sweet smiles into my heart... Do I miss you, o UVH?

I missed the people who once were here.

No comments: