Friday, February 05, 2010

How to plant / grow orchids at home/garden

Today I'm going to talk abit about my little gardening venture. Some time ago, a dear sister of mine gave me 5 little pots of beautiful orchids, flowering, blossoming. Forgive my english errors. Anyway, ever since I took hold of the orchids, the flowering all stopped. Infact the orchids look like shrivelling each day.

How to plant or grow orchids in your garden or home?

I made sure I provided little shady sun light, enough water.. but still the condition was bad. I called my fren and she said, "You didn't talk to the orchids enough."

Oh ya? Believe it or not, I was desperate enough to talk to the orchids daily. When they did not respond to my coax.. i decided to cek for more info on orchid planting.


Eventually I found another key to sustainable living for orchids - they need light, water and air!!! Not just normal air, air with GOOD VENTILATION! Oh.. suddenly all my memories of orchids gathered and made sense to me - that's why people HANG their orchids! Because they needed ventilation!
Well, supposing this is the key I missed, we shall see my orchids producing flowers soon. Hmmm.. as you can see in the picture, this is day one. I'll keep you updated when I see the first flower.
Till then, gardening is fun!