Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Dog skin disease requiring euthanasia (kill or put to sleep)

Dog skin disease requiring euthanasia (kill or put to sleep)


Today I had a not so good, not-so-bad experience with an owner. Apparently the owner wanted to euthanise the dog because the dog has skin problem. Looking at the dog, hey.. lots of stray dogs look like tat! Do you have to kill a dog just because they look like a stray dog?


To make things sadder, the dog is really tame, loving, wags her tail at everyone. Although she's very skinny, greasy (probably never bathe for a year or so) dirty... but the love she showed to her owner was unbelievable looking at how the owner treated her. Sometimes I wonder, how do I ever tell the doggie that, "Your owner wants to kill you because you don't look pretty enough?"
I got really disappointed, frustrated, fed-up with such people. I thank God, just in time... somebody walked in and learned of the event and offered to take care of the dog. Well, they made some agreement about certain details... but towards the end I am glad for the dog gets to live.