Sunday, May 03, 2009

the outcome...

I did get lost. First.. on my way to bukit bintang, I somehow landed in an absolute jungle - ampang. I could find no direction to bukit bintang. And signboards... were useless. All I could see was, Ampang Jaya, Pekan Ampang, pandan jaya (where's tat??!) . Hey... where's tat signboard to lead me out of this jungle?!! I was very demotivated, having trapped in my little vehicle, in the midst of a JAM.... one wrong turn, and i was stuck in the same place for half an hour.

Forget the torment, thank God all of a sudden I decided to make an illegal right turning - had all the cars honking and yelling (abit exaggerated here just to express my feelings) having to make way for this little vehicle crossing the double lanes. Anyway, then I decided to park my car and go home. No, not for ting's wedding. So I went to look for some good samaritans - and I found a couple!! They were so nice.. even drew a map to get me out of this jungle.

Praise God, I finally got out. Then i headed on to bukit bintang... and all of a sudden, Times Square was on my right. Cars and people were everywhere. Gosh.. I just got myself landed in another jungle!!! I know some of you locals reading this now may say - rusa masuk kampung. well tat's exactly the feeling i had then. It's not tat i've not been to bukit bintang, on foots I could find my way almost to every part of bkt bintang. with a driver, the roads in bkt bintang seemed to be so well organized, in order.

But tat's not the case when I was behind the wheels. Having decided few hours ago tat I would take this challenge on my own (rejecting an offer to drive me) I decided to depend on the map in my hand, and the signboards. Heck, all signboards there are useless!! And honestly, a GPS then would be so darn helpful. Anyway, i followed the road signs to jalan bukit bintang, jalan imbi.. and after a few rounds i realized tat i'd never get out of this maize. So i called my fren - who led me out of the maize amidst the jams in 45 minutes, phew!! I had wanted to turn back to jalan tun razak soOOOooo many times, but my fren was patient, kept assuring me, "you're almost there.. almost there.." when in fact I reached the destination in 30 minutes.

Not because i was far from the destination, but because of the JAMS. And I realized one thing - it's all one way street in bukit bintang!!! Wat a nightmare!!! I missed a few turnings, and i had to repeat the jam cycle once again. Oh, not forgetting I did alot of illegal turnings. Oh, cameras, please don't spot me!!

THank God, I finally arrived.

Bukit Bintang - one day I'm gonna conquer you! HARRRGGGHHH!!!!

And the way back home - it's another haul.

2 comments:

Lemuel Yee Ngan Foong said...

GPS rocks!

But next time try using Google Maps =)

pam said...

I agree. =.='
Totally agree.