Thursday, May 08, 2008

Help! Help! help me out!

Help help me out! someone! anyone! i've fallen in love with this old hymn and nobody knows where i can find the mp3 or CD or anything that sings its tune for me... internet wasn't helpful..

does anyone know of this song.. and know where to get the mp3 or CD or who's the singer.. or who's singing it? or does anyone know how to sing this song?

Help the miss desperado... (ie. me, hehehe) - pls email, sms, or leave a comment k. ;) tx!!
---
"John 3:16 hymn"

Verse 1
For God so loved the world I find it written
In verse sixteen, John’s gospel chapter three
He gave His life, who was for sinners' smitten
When nailed upon the cross at Calvary Chorus

Such wondrous love that passes human knowledge
That Jesus died that we might ever live
Eternal life so none need ever perish
This life to all believing souls he now will gain

Verse 2
I once was lost in darkness and imprisoned
Then came the Light in truth revealed the way
Eternal life that only Christ has given
His blood was shed that I may live this day

4 comments:

sinnersaint said...

I found you blog when looking for this song for a friend. He says it was in the CSSM chorus book, number 441. Sung to the Londonderry Air tune. Hope that helps! Are you certain you've got the words right?

pam said...

hi sinnersaint! Many tx for your comment. What does CSSM stand for? Londonderry Air tune.. i'm not very familiar. But i've got the tune already. Need to get the chorus though. Do you know the chorus, or any website tat gives me the chorus?

The words for the lyric should be right, coz i copy and paste from someone who has the song lyric.

Btw, i've visited your blog "http://pondereverything.blogspot.com/".
Quite like it. Keep it up! =)

sinnersaint said...

I'm sorry, I only heard of the song through a friend and I don't know any more details.

From a web search, CSSM seems to stand for "Children's Special Service Mission". I got that from here: http://www.biblio.com/browse_books/catalog/1102422/133538.html

Thanks for your help and good luck!

pam said...

tx for your reply sinnersaint. by the way, don't wish me good luck, coz i dun believe in luck.

I only believe in God. :) Luck happens by chances.

In God's hand, nothing happens by chances, everything happens for a reason, for a purpose, which only He knows. =)