Saturday, December 29, 2007

* touched

A year ago, just before i left for ktn, i gave a small, childish, self-made bookmark to a few frens of mine in KL - coz i didn't know whether i'll be staying long in ktn.. or will i ever meet them again. .. etc..

so the bookmark was like a little memory i leave behind for them to behold. It was a very simple, barely 3x6cm bookmark, decorated with a little gold dust, cartoons i drew n short messages from my heart.

Recently i bumped into one of these frens.. had a short chat with him, and to my surprise, he told me, "I'm still keeping the bookmark you gave last year."

I smiled, "It was a cheap, simple bookmark... I didn't expect u to keep it for so long..."

Then came the next beautiful surprise. He took out his wallet, and out of it he took a small piece of paper, "It has always been with me, all the time."

"Woooowww!!!" I squealed & jumped up excitedly. I grabbed the paper from his hand. It was exactly the same bookmark i made for him. I was elated! First, I've never thought that he will keep the bookmark. Secondly, he kept it in his wallet!!! All the time! I had almost wanted to hug him, but being a "serious" person, I told myself, "Self-control.. self-control..."

Wow!! Tat night I couldn't sleep. smiled... all night long.. =)

The thing here isn't about a "he" or a "she", but rather the "act". Someone who appreciated & treasured a little simple gift from me, tat he/she kept it by his/her side all the time, in his very own personal space - WALLET!

I couldn't be more touched. :')

1 comment:

Ugly Angel said...

something that you think less important maybe important to someone else just like the bookmarks. You think is cheap & childish, your friend is taking them as treasure from you. So, what we think might not be right all the times, its good if we could open our heart to the world. Happy 2008!