Thursday, November 01, 2007

Koko's left... :'(

4weeks ago a lady caught 3 stray puppies from a temple to my clinic, to "park" the puppies here while waiting for the animal sanctuary's consent. I was shocked at receiving the puppies - all of them were so frightened they were salivating nonstop, vomited & passed motion in the one small cage.

I brought them in & named them Kaka, Kiki & Koko. All 3 were scared all the time, & very defensive. Everytime I neared them, they would squeeze into the corners of the cage, growling. When I tried touching them, they would snap. Defensive. Few days later, Kaka & Kiki were sent to the sanctuary, Koko was having diarrhoea, thus was retained here.

While Koko was here, I trained her to be a friendly puppy, & she eventually placed her trust in me. Everymorning I would walk to the kennel & called, "Koko!" she would quickly wag her tail like crazy, and danced & jumped about like the "lion-dance" dancers. So very cute! Each time I opened her cage, she would run, skip & lope happily into the office. Everytime I hold some food in my hand, she'd sit & wait quietly by my side politely, trusting tat the food would be hers eventually. I bathed her, hugged her.. it was fun, just adoring her.

Today I let her play about in the office as usual, and suddenly the sanctuary owner, Ms Cici walked in. I was shocked. Though she was supposed to take Koko more than a week ago, I had not expected her to come today. "I'm here to take Koko," she said. My heart cried a big NO but my mind told me tat Koko doesn't belong here. Koko was already hiding underneath the table & boxes, for Ms Cici was a stranger to Koko.

"Koko..." I called gently. She walked out to me, eyes scared. "You're going home now..." I hugged her. "Be a good girl & do take care..." My mind started wondering wildly, "How does the sanctuary look like? How will Koko survive there? She'd be terrified!"

"One of the 2 puppies died," Ms Cici said. I was horrified, & I'm sending Koko there! What will happen to Koko? I couldn't think. Against my will, I carried Koko into the car, hugged her tight for the last time & gently placed her amidst all the things packing up the passenger seats at the back.

Koko was shivering, she looked at me. She had trusted me. & I had betrayed her trust. But there's nothing I could do, but to pray...

"Dear heavenly Father, I trust Koko in your hand today & please, please take care of her... keep her safe in your arms..."

Will I ever see her again?

No comments: