Thursday, October 11, 2007

very courteous

When you heard of canine parvo virus, you can well visualize the splashes of bloody stools sprawled all over your clinic floor, together with the never-ending vomiting episodes. Canine parvo virus is a very deadly viral disease which usually affects unvaccinated puppies.

We had a dog B, recently hospitalized, and she was unfortunately down with canine parvo virus. Today, when the owners came to visit her, the bloody stools splashed out from her anus, all over the floor and parts of the wall of my clinic. Immediately, as usual, i'll clean & disinfect the place. The normal scene was, i'll rush to the stools, while the owners, holding the dog, will step back and allow me more space to do my cleaning job alone.

Surprisingly today, the owner was exceptionally courteous. When he saw me cleaning up, he immediately rushed to help me clean. I was like, "huh?" At first i told him to step back, easier for me to do my job. But he kept coming back with the paper towels, "I'm so sorry for the mess... let me do the job.. " & no matter how i politely told him to step back, he insisted on coming back to help clean n disinfect. This "very-courteous" attitude broke my face into a smile, and i almost laughed, had i not seen the many wasted paper towels.. haiyo.. i sighed quietly, "why waste arr? need money to buy err.." but all the same smiling.

after that he offered something that really took me by a big surprise - he offered to wash & disinfect the dirty/contaminated towel which we used for his dog! oh my my.. i've washed towels for clients before, but never before had a client offered to wash our towels! he's just so nice!! but not wanting to abuse his courtesy, i explained to him that it's our job to clean the dog.. keep the clinic clean.. wash towels.. bla bla bla..

Later the day, I reflected back, hey.. for a year plus i've been practising - he's the first client that has offered to help so much in cleaning his dog's mess. really a nice person. =)

if only all clients are this nice.. we won't need washing machine in our clinic anymore. hahaha.. an abusive thought. reject reject it!

No comments: