Tuesday, October 23, 2007

direction-blind

Being direction-blind has always been me, n i took it for granted all these while, until now. I've been in KL all my life, and honestly, i can agak-agak tell you the location of certain places, but i can never direct you how to get there.

Even if i've been to tat place more than 20x, i still dun remember. Places like bangsar, sunway, subang, pj, sk.. even menjalara, maluri, segambut, sri sinar! It's so unbelievable. But this lameness didn't really bother me until now.

I was driving my sis n bro home from bangsar just now, as usual, i didn't know the way, and my brother directed me the whole way until a part ( i think jalan duta roundabout) he told me i was supposed to turn left. I heard him, but it never occurred to me that i'm already at a roundabout! I was in the centre lane..

So i was still driving at 60kmph n didn't even slow down on reaching the roundabout. Suddenly my sis yelled from the back, "sis, the lorry!" I pulled the emergency brake and to my horror, a huge lorry just sped past my right in the roundabout. It was just a split second.

Had my sister not yelled in time..
had my brake been a second slower..
had my driving speed been faster..

I thank God for his divine protection..

No comments: