Saturday, September 08, 2007

a trip to sarawak - part 3

As we stepped out of the cave, wow, how i marveled at the sunshine! There was light! Finally! I remembered a verse in the bible, "The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?" Praise God... I'm no longer in the darkness. To Jesus alone shall i cling on to. I recalled a week ago KK asked me in an sms - "now is bulan hantu...can't go out at nite.. you went pasar malam tat day, did you see anything extraordinary?"

My reply to him was simple, "I've got Jesus in me, whom shall I fear?"

(ps. these are not the exact words coz i cant remember liao, weeks ago wei.. how to remember, but as long as i remember the content fine liao la..:p )

Anyway, back to Mulu.. out the cave, into the streams we went, with our shoes on. Sometimes the water level reached as high as my knee, but I was ok, coz the guides forewarned us the day before. But the rocks were so slippery, and sometimes i could feel the water current so strong i almost lose balance!

We were taking a real long time walking n balancing on those rocks, but the guides seemed to be easily hopping from one rock to another. Slippery rocks? I dun think the word "slippery" ever crossed their minds. Baqly was rather uptight with us, coz we're behind time. Every now and then I could here him urging us.. faster.. dun take picture.. rain later.. must reach Garden of Eden before tis and tat time..

To boil his frustration, our fren Ash had removed both his shoes and holding them with his hands, fearing to wet his precious shoes! I could see Baqly frowning.. nagging him.. he was behind me and KY u see.. and as I stepped out of the stream towards the forest floor, I heard a loud splash and immediately I knew someone fell. It was a heavy fall.

I turned around. It was Ash. Baqly was just staring. Silence. No more nagging. I dun have to mention this of course - both his shoes were wet, finally. This pic above - from the left was me, Jo, Baqly, KY, Ash. Can you imagine the frown on Baqly's face? oh ya, try to imagine how KY was feeling also. :P

No comments: