Thursday, November 03, 2005

masquerade-wannabe

i've recently finished another book by the great author, sidney sheldon. Doomsday Conspiracy. It kinda gave me an idea tat we must really becareful when talking to strangers.. well, maybe they won't harm u directly, but they may pass on ur info to someone they thought is fine, but whom may harm you. It's really scary, come to think of the story line.

Better still, through out my trip in bangkok, many people inquired on my nationality - japanese (top of the list), thai, and china. none of those strangers nominated malaysia. funny, huh? back in my faculty, numerous ppl thought tat i'm from sabah! Gosh, where does tat idea come from?

Now these incidences gave me an idea tat perhaps i could be a masquerade, esp in front of strangers. well.. at least to protect myself in strange or foreign places. i'd just have to brush up my hokkien to be a penangite, learn good japanese to be a japanese, learn good thai to be a thai.. wat else? oh, practise that china accent to be a CBC - china-born-chinese. practising sabahan accent.. hmm... i doubt i can do it. But I'll try.. i'll try anyhow. won't ditch any chance to be a good masquerade.

while i was planning all these on the train, a stranger greeted me, and started asking personal questions like who am i, where do i stay and many more. My mind was running wild, ok, which personality should i impersonate? This is a good chance for me to start my practice. While my mind was doing the thinking, my silly mouth blurted the truth out, one after another, until the extent tat i told him i stay in kepong. Goodness! i couldnt help cursing myself then. Of course he'll be able to trace me if he wanted, for i'm the only final yr vet student from kepong! @#$@!

nevertheless.. i don't think anyone wil harm me as in Doomsday Conspiracy. I've not seen or heard anything peculiar so far.. But the idea of being a masquerade does thrill me a great deal!

i'll see to it tat i brush up my hokkien.. learn japanese.. brush up my thai.. brush up my french.. brush up.. brush brush up.. .. ;) accents... accents..

No comments: