Wednesday, November 16, 2005

draining away

A week ago i experienced the second trial of my life - how long can you stand for sleeping just an hour? That's what happened when i did my last minute studies for the equine test. The test went ok.. but my physiological needs were drastically abrupted. I was nauseous almost all the time, heart pounding, dizzy at times, lethargic and restless, anorexic.. well.. it all went wrong until i went to my dear bed and had a cosy sleep for 15 hours.

Few days later, while my coursemates were enjoying themselves, or the non-last-minuters were starting to revise the ruminants disease, i was trapped in the library and aquatic lab, contemplating of my project. All of a sudden, a big log just fell a head of me, thank God not on my head.. coz i just realize the problem before the holiday begins (our project should start officially once the 4-week holiday starts). I can't find my subjects! I spent an hour trying to trap copepods using my socks (innovative, uh?). Then spent the whole day trying to look for any copepod in my collection. The result was negative. I have had to get more copepods and collections, or my project's stuck! The day before the exam, i was at a pond early in the morning, thanks to HMeng, i was not alone this time. We managed to collect a lot of water... i wonder is there any copepod in it? I'll find out soon. tomorrow.

And now, I just finished my Feed and Feeding test, where i spurted out ideas on how to improve feedings and importance of this and that in feeding livestocks. ruminants, mainly. I hope the kind, cute lecturer accepts all my ideas and give me an A.. :P But, 12 hours before the test, i was busy restructuring my net - tying and sewing up my sock around a broken net. Then 3 hours before the test, i was busily scooping my college pond water, "Copepods copepods koochi koochi gooo.. come to mama...". Poor Pyin was squatting next to me, just in case i trip into the pond. :P

Exactly at this moment, I'm really tired.. my entire body ached. I have not have my lunch (the faculty's cafe is closed! i wonder why.), and i'm scheduled for a discussion and a meeting. But my heart was with my mind yelling at my body, "We wanna go home and rest!"

Oh God.. i'm draining away..

4 comments:

Fanfan said...

you are wonder women sure you can handle it .

Fanfan said...

you are wonder women sure you can handle it .

ZeroGravity said...

Pam, good luck.

pam said...

yep, pyin u did worry me.. slipping down, "woooaaaaAAA...aaaa aaa.. hehehehe.." :p tx so much ya. ;)