Saturday, September 03, 2005

touched *

last thu was doin surgery, real slow.. first, my group brought the dog in last. 2ndly, we prep last. undoubtedly, we started surgery last. To make things worse, i made a super huge incision, which means a super longer time to suture them close later. :p Expectedly, we didn't finish all 5 procedures that we're supposed to do.. nevertheless.. i was stil ok.. coz i was all drained out by then.. all my energy was exhausted from cutting, dissecting, and suturing.. (funny, my mood was still on the "on" mode) gosh.. so it was actuali a blessing in disguise for me, tat we're slow. ahem!

then at 8pm, when the *cute surgeon urged us for the 5th time, "Aiyo, Group 1.. haven't finish ar?" we were suturing (closin up) the neck then.

U know, he'd been roarin in the clas earlier with the almost-same phrases, "Aiyo.. group 1! u finished already ar? y is everyone lookin so relaxed?" "Aiyo group 1 ar.." "aiyo.." "aiyo.." ironically, the more i looked at him with that surgery cap on, the more i wanted to hug him! so cute!

anyway, by 8pm, Dr Cutie had left, we're stil closin up the neck, leavin the other 2 procedures untouched. Then Ms scrub nurse came, "are you happy with just this?"

omg! she actually was willing to stay up, probably until 10pm, if my group had wanted to continue the surgery!!!!

omg.. i wished i could hug her then, but i was apparently "sterile".. it was.. just herself. She used to scratch me off my nerves before, but then.. tat's bcoz she's sum1 who has high expectation on students. Tat's just her. But i've got my hats off for her.

Very direct. Sharp tongues. Fatal words. But all the same, with a pure, kind, big-hearted, hopeful intention in mind, "For my students, i will."

Luv ya, Puan. ;)

2 comments:

ZeroGravity said...

I paham lah your enthusiam to do surgery.

Please Pam, don't do surgery until 10pm, I wouldn't want Prof Cutie to make up some other stupid ghost story which I don't know where he got his ideas from.

I dont want to be anaesthetist plus ghostbuster at the same time OK.

pam said...

ei come on la.. dun tell me u got freaked out tat day.. 10pm only wat.. the nite's stil young, young man! (kakakakaka!).. hey.. i haven't ask u to stay in pm room for 5 min at tat time of nite u know. forget abt being ghostbuster.. i'm expectin to see an arbor-acre-turned-into-slimy. (kakakakakakkekekekekhehehehahahaha boo hoo! ) :P