Friday, August 12, 2005

Unpredictable it is

After the clinical conference today, I heard a bad news.. my fav dob was PTSed. For those who dunno, PTS is a widely used term in a vet's world.. cause it means literally.. put to sleep. To put someone who's very much awake, to suddenly fall asleep.. once.. and for all.. for ever.. never to wake again... well, at least not physically. It was.. sudden.

Just 3 weeks back, I have been playing around with him.. checkin him here n there, poking his this n tat.. and yet he accepted all my little quiet mischieves with the ever-happy look. There was never a moment of growl from him, even when i touched his wound. So sweet.. been jumping up n down everyday.. eager for food.. barking for attention.. n now.. he's no longer here. Silent...

Yet, after I disembark from ktm kepong, on the way home i visited a fren's granma. Another surprise said "hi". I couldn't believe my eyes.. for the first time.. i reali thought.. gosh.. was I dreaming? was i? My gregarious nanny looked 10 years older.. so much weaker.. i wonder if she still walks around like she used to? it was just a 6-month tat crawled past us! And.. the effects were clear.. pronounced.. evident. My heart sank the moment i saw her.. really.. how could this have taken place?

Life is.. indeed.. unpredictable. Feeling bad, I walked home all the way.. still shaking myself back to reality. It just wasn't real. So unreal. Then I saw my joyous Toffee who was already anouncing desperately to my neighbours tat i'm home.. ears laid back, flat.. swaying his gluteals left n right, 180 degrees.. waggin tail, 300 degrees. It was such a plain joy to see him.. washed away my troubles at first glance.

Yes, life is not always full with smiles n laughters.. the bad ones happen.. come along. Just as long as we truly treasure all tat we have this very moment, as long as the ones who you cared for and loved knows tat you reali do..

It suffices.

2 comments:

ZeroGravity said...

"Yes, life is not always full with smiles n laughters.. the bad ones happen.. come along. Just as long as we truly treasure all tat we have this very moment, as long as the ones who you cared for and loved knows tat you reali do.."

Really well said.

pam said...

Thanks. ;)