Saturday, April 02, 2011

My dog eats his pooh vs swallowing down nasal discharges

My dog eats his pooh vs swallowing down nasal discharges - they're different, aren't they?

I dislike going to the doctor, no matter what illness i've got. I don't like to get my body checked, to be diagnosed, and to be given certain medicine which could harm my livers and etcetera... (but then again, on the other hand, sometimes even simple viral or bacterial infection will also harm my liver and etcetra, so... it's a lose-lose situation when one falls sick). Only God's healing hand produces a win-win situation to me. haha. ;=) So I'd rather pray and allow healing take place on its own. However, of late, there have been times when I succumb to external / surrounding pressures or the excruciating pain due to the sickness, then I'll knock on the clinic's door.

Recently a good friend of mine recommended a certain doctor near my place. I visited him once when I had a bout of severe poisoning - I thought my kidneys were shutting down.. but when I met him, he made a few serious checks and explained, "it's only the ligaments pulling, due to the strains in the intestines." I could only hope and pray that he's right. My will's not done yet.

Anyway, 3 days later I recovered. Just a few days ago, after taking some hot n spicy food, my eyes start to swell a bit, my nose get runny abit. By the third day, my voice was "cloggy" (any better vocabulary for this adjective?) and when I went to work on the fourth day, I felt like I could faint anytime of the day. My nasal discharges were thick green, the phlegms I coughed were thick green. I could almost imagine the greenish phlegms lining up the alveoli in my lungs. oops. to cut things short, I took half day mc, and went to see this doc.

So as I walked in the consultation room (after more than half an hour's waiting?), I complained about the fever, lost of voice, bad flu, choked up frontal sinuses, I was almost in tears. It was really miserable a flu. He looked concerned, "What's the colour of your phlegm?"

I told him my phlegms are thick green and running nose with all greenish discharges. With an amused look, he chuckled, "Everything green?"

At this point, my amygdala almost blurted, "Yah, and it's tasty too..." However, thank God the message got truncated at my association cortex and I compared what my clients complained often, "My dog always eats his pooh... is it really that tasty?"

Ouch... what would this doctor think of me if I did not filter this sentence? Will he compare me with a dog?? So my association cortex edited this answer to a simple "yah, yah, haha..."

Sometimes it feels so fun when you can just talk like a child, without any care of the consequences.
It's the same as when you're a student, your stature and language would not mean as much as when you're a working adult.
That goes for a grown up too. Every word that comes out from our mouth - should be filtered, for they will definitely bear consequences, some in ways that we may never know.

Be sure that the words that come forth from your mouth edifies and encourages the listener. I'm learning this. ;=) (which is so difficult to do!!!)

No comments: