Friday, October 02, 2009

Very challenging career requiring high EQ

Working in a veterinary clinic is a very challenging career. Worse - if you're the Public Relations officer or Receptionist! It requires very high EQ of yours, and you need a certain degree of creativity and eluding skills - coz many clients have "cute" attitudes and demands.

Here's a scenario from a colleague of mine:I received a call from a stranger, who's not our client last week. The dog owner found worms in the poop and wanted me to tell her what they were. I told her she needed to bring the worms and the dog in before I could answer her question.

SHe then got very angry and said CANT YOU JUST TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE?
I said in a calm voice "Mam can you tell me the colour of my blouse today"?

SHe said thank you and hung up.

Cheers!