Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dark vs light - light is better!! -=D

Well, today is a special day – early in the morning I had a very very “dark” client which really turned me off. Later in the evening I received a house call request at Bukit Rahman Putra. On the way there I had a short conversation with God – complaining and pleading with God on the “dark” clients. “How do I handle them? They’re truly mood-spoilers. Help me o Lord…” I cried. I needed some "lights". Desperately.

I reached the Bukit Rahman Putra house. The owners of the dog were a pair of old couple in their 60s or 70s I guess… Never the less, I thank God the dog handling was quite simple – first, somehow, the fierce dog was very playful towards me. Secondly, the owner was so cooperative.

To make things better, they invited me into their house to fill in a form, and while doing so offered me 100plus. Of course, I don’t like cold drinks thus had to turn down the sweet offer. Then the uncle even offered me extra few ringgit for “yum cha”. But of course, I had to turn down the offer also – don’t want to take advantage of them.

When I was leaving, they even walked me out and watched me get into my car. I tried to start the engine… “kelek kelek…” Oops… I tried to think what could have gone wrong. I tried again. “kelek kelek.. kekkkKKK!!!” Oh gosh.. I really couldn’t think. Then the uncle walked out.

“Hey I think your starter rosak dee la…” I thought… battery gone chances is higher. How to check? I didn’t know… Uncle came out and opened the bonnet – yaiks!! The battery top was filled with salt – blue and white salts (wow.. now I remembered chemistry in my secondary school!)

“Waaahsehhh… you young people how do you drive one? Why never cek your car ar?”
“Why lea uncle?” I asked, innocent.
“Look at the battery! Waaa…. Bla bla bla bla…” and he gave me a long lecture on how to maintain the car. I simply grinned. “You wait ar…”

He went into his house, then threw out two wires attached to some pliers-like stuff (he calls that start jumper.. new vocab for me..) then went into his car. I waited outside his house.. a minute… five minutes… 15 minutes… and I got real curious…



“Uncle, what are you doing there ar?”
He turned towards me, “I’m taking out the battery from my car, then only can bring the battery over to your car to start off your car ma…”Wow!! I was so touched! He actually dismantled the battery from his car in order to help me! My heart melted. God.. thank you for sending me this angel.. You’ve “lit up” my “dark” day.

I smiled cheek to cheek. Seems to me that I have to “receive” something from this uncle today. First he offered the 100plus, I turned him down. Then he offered the “yum-cha” money, I turned him down. Now he offered his help, I needed it. =) He’s the angel of my day.

Praise God, finally my car got moving again, and uncle was at his lectures again… bla bla bla.. “Don’t stop your car ar… if you must stop, stop in a foreman’s shop ar.. bla bla bla…”
I smiled. God is just so good. ;-) Bless this old couple, O Lord.