Friday, July 04, 2008

rat poison = dog & cat poison

Rodents on the increase in KL and PJ
(http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2008/7/3/central/21681087&sec=central)

...Several measures can be taken to control rats like covering and disposing rubbish correctly, storing food properly, placing nets at places with holes, setting up traps and using rat poison.
For complaints on pesky rodents and other pests, email
jk@dbkl.gov.my...

Yes, i do agree tat rats are increasing in population aroundKL based on the increasing number of rats-found-dead on the streets. Perhaps tat is the link why I'm seeing more dog poisoning cases these few weeks.

Use whichever way you please to kill the rats, but please do not choose rat-poison. It's not just a "rat-poison". Rat poison=all animals' poison. Depending on the type of poison & concentration, some dogs may die within few hours after ingesting the poison.

My humble suggestion is, if you really must use rat poison, use it within your house compound, not outside so as to avoid other ppl's dogs or cats ingesting it. If you have a dog at home, be darn sure that your dog won't get to it.

Rat poison don't just kill rats.
If your dog or cat has accidentally ingested rat poison, visit this website for some info: http://4allpetlovers.com/dog-health/poisoning/help-my-dog-ate-rat-poison/

2 comments:

Ugly Angel said...

I know what you mean, I lost my dog years ago due to rat poisonwhen I stayed in Kampung house. The rice mixed with rat poison suppose to serve the rats, but end up my dog ate it and died slowly in front of me. Since that, I dont keep pet anymore eventhough I love dogs.

pam said...

hey warren, so sorry abt your dog. but now you learn your lesson - the "high" way...

never never ever use poison to poison anyone, unless it's under your very control 24x7. even so... how sure are you tat you're not poisoned when handling the poison? chemicals absorb thru skin sometimes... esp those chemicals we name "POISON".