Thursday, January 18, 2007

I am Bobo

Hi, my name is Bobo. I may look like any "wong-choy" or "ah-wong" on the street, but you know wat? Altho i'm a mongrel physically, i'm a princess in my owner's heart. She loves me, and proved to the world so.

Shortly after I was born 4 years ago, I was diagnosed with jaundice and I got all the yellow discolouration of my teeth, eyes and so forth. My lovely owner had brought me to the vet A, and they treated me ok, and apparently i felt better. A year later, I lost appetite and became indifferent with my surrounding. Again, my owner had brought me to vet A, and this time he says tat i got infection in my uterus, pyometra he says. And he removed my uterus.

When i'm 3+ years old, suddenly I lost appetite again. And this time I felt really bad. Poor darling owner brought me to vet A, and he dripped me day once, night once. He says my kidneys are failing. The quick drip suffocated me, but after a day or two i felt better, but the same signs reappear soon. After a few tries, vet A gave up and told my sweet owner tat i've to sleep forever!

I remembered the tears in my owners eyes, I did not cry for I did not have the energy to do so. My owner didn't give up. She brought me to another vet, vet B. The vets here were very kind to me, and I was quite nasty for removing the catheter and drips that they gave me. Somehow after a week or so staying in hospital B, I really got better! I started eating.. and soon I can go home, on a special kidney diet. It's very costly, but my owner loved me too much to consider tat. I lived happily with the loving care of the vet B and my owner ever since.

But that was 6 months ago. 2 weeks ago I started to get really tired. My mouth really get stinko. It stinks! I wish i've some mint to wash away tat smell, but i just comes back. My stomach starts to sore. I lost appetite, and wish to just lay sleeping all the time. My owner got worried, and got me to vet B again. Nomatter how intensive and expensive they got with me, I couldn't respond. Heavy heartedly, my owner began to consider laying me down to sleep forever to ease my pain. I began vomiting every few hours. Diarrhea. I was getting more and more fatigue.

Yesterday morning I overheard my owner speaking to vet B - to put me to rest tomorrow. And today will be the last day they drip me. I was sad, heart-broken. I had not wanted to leave my owner and vet B. But I wished to stop my pain also. I just couldn't stand the endless sore in my stomach and body. And I had started vomiting blood. At the end of the day, after dripping, I did feel better but the sore in my stomach remains.

This morning will be the day. I knew it. I saw my owner's husband mistreating my owner, and I ran after him barked at him real harsh. My owner was startled. "Where did I get the energy from?" I wished I could tell her, "It's my honour to finish the last bit of my energy to protect you." Soon, I felt really tired... sleepy. I heard my owner calling me, "Bobo! Bobo!" And she sobbed real loud. But I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't move a limb. I knew that i was leaving, but I thank God for giving me such a lovely owner and caring vet B during my lifetime. I had loved living the past 6 months of my life. Then I slept. I never woke up since.

No comments: