Friday, December 23, 2005

It's difficult

The four week-holiday is finally over. In another word, the four-week period for us final year vet students to finish our projects is finally over.

Glory and praise to the Lord, for I was able to finish my project on time, despite the many stumbling blocks at the beginning. So I spent this final week preparing my thesis while walking, chatting around the faculty, and I eventually found that many of my coursemates haven't finish their projects.

When they found that I've finished mine, most came with the same remark, "Wow, your project is so simple!" They didn't realize that I started mine 2 weeks before the official date, when everyone else was bz studying for their finalz, and there I was, cracking my brain abt my project. Some even said tat they couldn't believe I took up such a simple experiment as a project. Well, the fact is they didn't realize that I repeated my experiments and readjusted everything thrice. The fact that I stayed back in the lab alone until late at night almost everyday.. lookin into the microscopes 13h x 6days x 5weeks...

Anyway the nightmare is now over. And I'm grateful to God for that.

What most people see is how difficult/important their very own projects are. Of course, each of us does this project for maybe just once in a lifetime, if it's not meaningful to us, we wouldn't even embark on it rite? I don't blame anyone for stating that my project was indeed a simple one. In fact, the thought of "simple" gives me a sense of relief.. consoling my terrified soul, tat what I went thru durin the last 5 weeks ain't so bad after all. ;) Looking back now, I do agree with them.. it's simple. ;) (but hard). hehe.. watever..

I don't deny that there are a few projects which I could never dare imagine of.. like withdrawing blood from a live, ferocious croc.. or ultrasound carcasses.. or doing postmortem everyday.. or restraining wild stalks (yeee...) .. running horses under the sun (ouch, my skin!).. whew.. and I don't want to imagine myself doing that. I'm just not tough enough.

To all my vet coursemates, all the very best to you. For those that haven't finish ur project, "Giddy up!" Say a little prayer for urself, it doesn't hurt. =) For those are already working on thesis, "Giddy up!" It's never too early to finish a thesis.

oh yah.. comprehensive is nearing.. ;) hehehe..

1 comment:

Fanfan said...

well i think mine was quite simple but still i spent 8 to 5 for 2 weeks looking in side microscope
enough of microscope