Friday, July 08, 2005

Getting into the FINALzz.. alas.. but then??

The sun's heat is still intensely felt outside this comfy comlab of FPV. though i've got absolutely nothing to do in mind, I can't go back to my dear room yet.. cycling back at this weather will definitely scorch my melanin-filled skin. here, i'm waiting for something to happen ..

2 hours back, my PM (post mortem) groupmates and I were attentively cutting open 3 cats to look for their cause of death. The smell was horrendous indeed, but there was really nothing much to complain since this is already my fifth year in FPV. However my olfactory nerves read them, I must say that I'm starting to get used to the odour, despite the yucks tat sometimes crawl up my oesophagus and . . . ueeek.

We were greatly enlightened in today's PM practical by our Pathologist Dr. N. The fun-thrilled moment was in learning something very basic, which does not directly relate to pathology. For example.. what happens to the animal when you give him barbiturate? How should you administer them? Y the way? If not, what will happen?

We were happily introduced to veterinary forensic, by studying on the time of death, its factors.. and many more.. including an interesting case study involving 2 farmers with a dog skeleton. In short, which farmer did the dead dog belonged to? Hehe.. guess...

It has been an interesting 5-day PM prac indeed, having spent my time almost to the fullest..Coming to the end of the prac, my entire sensory nerves couldn't help but feel the eerie looming semester.. my 9th semester! oh gosh! my conference! project! thesis! rounds!! rotations!! exams! lectures! oh gosh..

How could I ever be prepared?? The imminent pressure is already felt, need no baroreceptor to sense it. Any kind of receptor will b able to see it in fact.

nervous? Anxious? Can't cheat anyone that i'm not.. but still..

I'll make the most out of myself.. for tat is all I have. I'll try.. i'll try.. n keep trying..

Welcome 9th sem.. welcome..

2 comments:

chen said...

hmmm.. who is that 'SHE' anyway.. hahah...

pam said...

hahaha... an imaginary figure. :P i'm brushing up my english, it's been long since i last chucked it aside. ;)