Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Toying around with small breeds dogs?

This morning as I was walking both my dogs, a neighbour called out to me, "Hey Pam, why don't you toy around with small dogs instead?"

MY dogs are medium sized mixed breed, one being 20kg, the other being 11kg. Both are cute, but sometimes incomprehensivably naughty. Today they were behaviouring acceptably well. I turned to him, "Keeping dogs is not about toying around with their lives. They are not toys. Rather, it is about providing them a safe and good home."

My answer shook him from his relaxed-early-morning grin, "You mean these dogs are stray ar?""Just this one," I pointed to the 11kg Amek.He widened his grin, "You know Pam, in places like Vietnam and Cambodia your dogs will be delicious meals!"I smiled, "I know, which is why I do not see these countries growing/developing."He was again, shocked by my reply.
This is amek, the 11kg shiba inu x miniature pinscher, who's looking for a good home.

I do not like shocking people early in the morning, but neither do I like to entertain insensitive remarks. 4-5 years ago he was keeping a Jack Russel Terrier, and 2-3 years ago he was keeping pekingese/pomeranion (I can't remember clearly) and today he's having a chi hua hua in his home.Although I never liked his "switching/toying" around dogs' attitude, I never commented on it. But today I guess the opportunity came.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, China, The Philippines are countries which are infamous for dog eating.Although God has said in the bible that all animals are edible, I do not think all are beneficial. All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial.

Use your discernment to judge, think about it. If you have wisdom, use it.

No matter what, an animal who understands the meaning of "faithfulness & love" more than the average human being, do not deserve to end up on the dining table.

A creature who would die protecting his master, should never deserve to end up on the dining table.

An animal who knows how to mourn (sincerely) upon the death/departure of its owner, do not deserve to end up on the dining table.
A spesies which the mankind would call "His Best Friend" should never deserve to end up on the dining table.


**THe mark of civilization of a nation is gauged by the way they treat the animals.

No comments: