Thursday, July 01, 2010

An off day! (JPJ,SKEM, GDL, exam tips)

Finally... I've got my rest today. It's not really an official off day, coz I had to go to JPJ to sit for an exam for GDL (goods driving license). The test was quite simple, provided you know Bahasa Melayu and you do your homeworks. Most of the questions came from the RM4 booklet. The facilities were ok, officers were ok. The teachers that taught us certain courses - some were very good, straight to the point while some seriously need a cctv and see for himself how he's conducting the class.

Despite all the good things, I still have to comment that JPJ must really think of how to improve their Bahasa grammar both in the exam sheet and booklets. All my years of learning and studying and using Bahasa Melayu, I've never come across such out-of-standard grammar usage by the government office. Typing errors, spelling mistakes were rampant. No wonder why some people had to repeat their exams.

As I stepped out of the exam hall, again I marveled at the hills and trees surrounding this little Gombak district. I smiled and thought, "It's been really quite a while... it's time to venture into nature again."

It's about time. ;-)