Sunday, January 06, 2008

being "RATIONAL"

Tis morning i went to church, and we had a special missionary pastor as our speaker "Pr. Thamwan." (i duno how to spell his name correctly, but i remember his website says, www.thamwan.org")

He talked about how he came to know about Jesus. Like me, he used to be a Buddhist. So one day, someone walked to him and told him, "You have only one life. No reincarnation. If you believe in Jesus you'll go to heaven, if you don't believe in Jesus, you'll go to hell when you die." The church broke into laughter. (I couldn't believe anyone in my lifetime would dare say this to me. :)
(ps. believing in Jesus does not merely mean, "yah, i know he was once alive." It means believing wat the bible says: he is God the Son, and receiving Him as Lord & Saviour of your life.)

However, instead of scolding tat person, he thought for a while.

Buddhism believes in karma: if you behave good this life, you'll be a better person ie. prince, in your next life. If you're a bad guy this life, you may end up being a rat in your next life. So he began to rationalize a little.

"Say I believed Jesus this life, and when I die, I realize that what Buddhism claimed was true. I will still have one more life to live, in fact i'll be a better person anyhow. But if I do not believe in Jesus, and when I die, I found that what He claimed was indeed true, I'll go to hell! And there's no second chance!"

So being a mathematical n rational person, he received Jesus out of fear. But God was good. From tat moment on, God started perfoming miracles and answering prayers in his life. And then he truly began to believe by faith.

I smiled. God indeed has His ways to convict people.

I used to be a very stubborn person, deaf to all claims about Jesus. But God found His way to me anyhow, and turned me around. Many of my frens, n siblings couldn't believe tat I would end up believing in Jesus (I was HARD-NECKED n rebellious u see..). I can't explain.

It's a long, never-ending story.. of God's grace in my life. ;)

No comments: