Thursday, May 24, 2007

Believe it or not?

Last Saturday I attended a Healing Rally session, in Subang, led by Pastor William Lau, the founder of Elijah Challenge. Healing Rally simply means a group of people coming together to be healed by God, the true and living God; the one God whom have created the heaven and earth, and sent His son Jesus to die for our sins.

I have read and watched videos of such healing rallies held overseas, where miracles happened – the lame walks, the blind sees, and the deaf hears! Cancer patients were healed. I was really excited that Saturday.

That night, more than a thousand people turned up, both Christians and non-Christians, sick and healthy, men and women, young and old. After a little preaching, we prayed to God our Father in heaven to manifest His miracles and heal the sick/needy people present amongst us that night, in Jesus’ name.

“This is the moment,” I thought nervously. So we started rebuking diseases and illness in Jesus’ name. Then Pastor William asked the thousand audiences, “Who are healed?” Silence. Gradually, one hand after another started protruding from the sea of people. Pastor William then asked them to stand up and move on to the stage to testify their healing.

I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears! More than 150+ received healing that night! A few people who were once deaf could hear clearly, some started hearing clearly without hearing aids, some with lumps (suspected cancer) where the lumps just disappear or soften that night, some with numb hand can actually move their hands, those with years of back pain, knee pain, arthritis were healed, and a boy whom initially walks with a cane was actually walking around without a cane, free! People with stress/emotional depression felt something was lifted away from them and were relieved that night.

I stood there in awe. God was indeed present amongst us that night.

Then came the altar call – who wants to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour? Hands went up, and people started stepping out. I honestly (& embarrassingly) never expected so much healing and people accepting Christ that night. Tears started filling up my eyes.

Dear heavenly Father, forgive my doubtful heart and my small faith in you, increase my faith, Lord. Thank you for confirming your words. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will …….they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” ~Mark 16:17.

No comments: