Sunday, April 29, 2007

My project miracle

Within the next few weeks, miracles happened after miracles... it was the time around the DVM4 semester break and early DVM5 semester, where we were loaded with project, clinical conferences and clinical rounds, presentations.. small animal rounds.. it was just fully loaded (our timetable). Let me just share a few miracles which i could still remember...

I was doing a project on how certain microorganism (copepods) can kill Aedes larvae. So one part of my project was to breed Aedes larvae. We were given 5 weeks to finish the entire project, which means i had only 2 weeks to breed my larvae (with 4 stages of life, with each stage taking about 3-5 days before moving on to the next stage).

So I started filling up jars and aquariums with waters with hope of Aedes mosquitoes laying eggs there. However, towards the end of the 2 weeks, I still did not have enough Aedes larvae. I started to panic, and I remembered during my few visits to my dad's church, they kept emphasizing, "When you're in fear/trouble, just call out Jesus to help you."

I was a Buddhist/Taoist then, but my circumstances forced me to source out all help available. Friends and lecturers couldn't help me to breed enough larvae. And one night, at the end of my wits, I decided to try praying to Jesus, asking for His help. Early next morning, I rushed to my lab and checked out my aquariums. Praise God! My prayer was answered. There were plenty of Aedes larvae of all stages in all my aquariums, enough to proceed with my project.

I was really amazed. I tried reasoning first. If the mosquitoes started laying eggs yesterday, i would have only stage 1 larvae. Where did stage 2, 3, and 4 larvae came from? It would have taken them at least 10 days to grow in my aquarium, and it was impossible that i have missed them for the past 10 days (because I was desperately looking for larvae everywhere possible for hours, even a stage 1 larva would not escape from my eagle eyes).

I started thinking, was it really Jesus?

No comments: